Getting Started with Online Baccarat
The object of online Baccarat is to wager on the house or player/s with accumulated cards that total closest to the number 9. These totals are calculated according to these card values:
Aces count as One. Card numbers from two until nine are known as face value and tens and face cards ( Jack, King, Queen) equal 0.
For example if you are dealt a 9 and a 7 the combined total is not 16, but indeed 6. If you receive a 3 and an 8, the total is not 11, but actually 1. If you are confused just remember that you can't have a combined number of two cards equaling more than 9. To put it another way, it is not possible to have a combination of cards with a combined total of more than 9. The perfect hand is one that totals 9 exactly. The number 8 is your 2nd best hand and together with a number 9, these 2 hands make up the two "natural" hands.
Online Baccarat Rules
The Rules of Online Baccarat are simple. Anywhere between 1 to 8 decks of cards are used. Counting cards are not an option. Single deck games even reshuffle the cards after every hand.
The game of Baccarat begins when the dealer deals 4 cards: 2 for the house and 2 for the player. If one or both sides equal 8 or 9 then it is known as a natural card and no more cards are given out. When both sides equal the same amount then it is a tie. If the house or the players cards don't equal a natural card then another card will be issued according to the Baccarat Rules which you will find below.
- House hand equals 7 or more - the house must stand.
- House hand equals 3, and the player's third card is anything other than an 8 as the player receives his cards always before the house - the house will hit.
- Hand equals 6 or higher - player must stand and will not receive extra cards.
- House hand equals 0, 1 or 2 - the house must take an additional card.
- House hand equals 5, and the player is dealt a 4, 5, 6, or 7 - the house will hit.
- Hand equals 5 or less - the player is dealt an extra card.
- House hand equals 4, and the player's 3rd card is anything but 1, 8, 9, or 0 the house will hit.
Finally, if the house hand equals 6, and the player's 3rd card is 6 or 7, the house will hit.
Tips of Baccarat
Baccarat can be known as a game of chance and not skill. Even though we have provided some tips that will help you in the right direction to become a better player. Take a look at the list below on the tips to help you better understand Baccarat.
1. The odds of winning a bet or a tie are the lowest of all other bets.